For those of you who don't already know, Nintendo recently released an updated version of the Internet Channel for the Wii. This version has two new main features.
Firstly, it now has extended Adobe Flash support (it is now compatible with Flash Lite 3.1). This (somehow) means that all the videos and games on Seyonsworld that were posted before this post (apart from Blow UP) are now playable on the Wii. Tank Trouble and Pacman require a keyboard but Copter works well with just the Wii remote as all you need to do is click. If you have a spare USB keyboard or can easily use the one from your computer, I would highly recommend using it as it is so much easier.
The second feature is the most important one. The Internet Channel, which used to cost
500 points (around £3.50) is now FREE. This means everyone can now enjoy sites like BBC iPlayer, Youtube, and Seyonsworld of course on their TV! Those of you who have already paid for the Internet Channel, Nintendo say, will get 500 points sometime between late October and December to buy a NES Virtual Console game. I know they aren't the best games, but hey, its something.
If you would like to update your Internet Channel or get it for the first time here's how (you will need to have an Internet connection, obviously):
- Start up your Wii, and go to the Wii Shopping Channel.
- Wait for it to load then click Start Shopping.
- Then click Channels.
- Scroll down and click on the Internet Channel.
- If you already have the Internet Channel you should see 'Update' left and if you don't you should see 'Buy/Get/Download' (I'm not sure which one... :/). Click on this.
- Accept all the messages asking you if you want to download it until it ends up on the screen with Mario running around.
- Once the download completes, go to the Wii menu and start using your Internet Channel.